My morning routine takes less than 10 minutes a day…
- 1 quart of Water
- 1/4 Cup Water Grains
- 1/2 Gallon Glass Jar
INSTRUCTIONS FOR MAKING WATER KEFIR
- 1/2 cup sugar into the jar.
- 1 cup of filtered hot water.
- Swirl to dissolve the sugar. (I use Turbinado.)
- Fill with room temperature or cool filtered water.
- Add 1/4 cup of water kefir grains to each quart of water.
- Cover the jar and place in a warm spot to culture for 24-48 hours.
- After culturing is complete, prepare a new batch of water kefir, (steps 1-4 above)
- Separate kefir grains from the finished water kefir.
- Place kefir grains in the new batch of sugar water.
- The finished water kefir is now ready to consume, or store in the refrigerator.
- Water kefir can also be refermented with fruit, juice, or coconut water for a fantastically fruity, lightly carbonated beverage!