- Food Dehydrator, Oven, Thermos, Crockpot
- 1/2 gallon mason jar
- yogurt starter
- fresh farm milk
- 1/2 quart of fresh raw milk
- 2 quarts whole goat milk
- if milk is cold slowly warm milk to 115°F.
- add a 1/2 cup store bought yogurt, previous batch, starter
- Place culture a in a 1/2 gallon jar
- Add farm fresh milk Cover and culture
- Place in a Food Dehydrator, Oven, Thermos, next to the hot water heater or Crockpot at 110 degrees temperature for at least 24 to 36 hours depending on how thick you want the product to be. Need to be cultured 24 hours to be GAPS approved)
- Now you have yogurt! Use this traditional fermented dairy product to nourish yourself and your family in your favorite healthy recipes.
- Do not forget to reserve some of the cultures you created from the previous batch in order to supplement a new batch. You can continue making yogurt indefinitely by adding more milk or cream to the jar as you use it. The bacteria will continue to feed off of the new milk or cream and ferment to create more yogurt!
- If the yogurt starts to separate you can strain through a cheese cloth to delicious creamcheese.
- For thicker yogurt it helps to boil the milk, but then the yogurt will not be raw