Did you know…? Milk Kefir can be swapped out for cream cheese in recipes and also made into ice cream! Keifer is a fermented liquid that provides microbiotics to your diet; it can be made in water or milk. Check out these options for tasty and healthy dairy-based food for your family.
- Finished Milk Kefir
- Cotton bag or cheesecloth for making cheese
How to Make Milk Kefir Cream Cheese
- Once the whey has separated about 1/4 inch from the milk kefir use a cheesecloth to strain so the kefir can separate from the
- Hang the cheesecloth above a bowl and drain off whey for 12 hours or until the whey stops dripping.
- When the kefir is no longer dripping, wrap the cheese in the cheesecloth or whatever you use to drain it and place it in a colander.
- You may place a semi-heavy object on top of the cheesecloth to help the liquid drain the
wheyfaster. Once the whey has drained off the end result will be a delicious, healthy, pro-biotic-filled cream cheese product.
Kefir Cream Cheese!
** Note: Do not toss the whey (liquid) there are millions of amazing digestive enzymes and live probiotics in it too. Transfer it to a glass bottle/jar and store in the fridge for later use. Plants and critters (people too!) love whey!
Looking to purchase goat milk shares? Need fermented starts to begin your Healthy Traditions for your Healthy Family? Contact us online.
Local pick up only!