Healthy, active milk kefir to purchase as a share or make your own homemade kefir! Healthy tradition for your family!
INSTRUCTIONS FOR MAKING MILK KEFIR
Where to purchase goat milk shares! Or need some grains..
- Transfer the active kefir grains into up to 4 cups of fresh milk.
- Cover with a cloth or paper napkin secured by a rubber band or a jar ring.
- Place in a warm spot, 68°-85°F, to culture.
- Culture until milk is slightly thickened and aroma is pleasantly tangy. This generally takes 24 hours but can take less time in warmer temperatures, so keep an eye on your grains.
- After the milk changes texture and culturing is complete, separate the kefir grains.
- Place the kefir grains in a new batch of farm fresh milk.
- Store the finished kefir in the refrigerator.